Robert Julian Agnel
Changes; weather, time and season at the Sugar Bush in March
Sugar Bush in Richelieu-Vanier Park, 320 des Pères-Blancs in the Vanier neighbourhood of Ottawa
March 21, 2020 12:00 UTC/GMT -4 hours daylight savigs
Loading panorama viewer ...
- change to daylight savings time
- 'Spring Ahead' + 1 Hour 08 March 2 a.m.
- Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -4 hour
- Spring Equinox Northern Hemisphere 19 March 11:49 p.m;
- +14 C yesterday -4 C today at noon
- the snow on the forest floor has melted 35-40 cm in past two weeks
SPRING BRINGS MORE CHANGES TO OTTAWA
- The geese are back in town; spring brings the first birds heading north on the Eastern North American flyway
- Construction season starts now the ground is thawing
Opening we see the pails used to collect the sap. The sugar shack was boiling sap today as the weather has been perfect with cold nights warm days.
The Sugar Shack Restaurant was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The trails were empty and extremely slippery because of the sudden change in temperature.
Nikon D90 w 10.5mm fisheye, nodal ninja pole and head, Affinity Photo, PTGui Pro, Pano2VR