The Central Experimental Farm is 427 hectares 1,055 acres of working farm land in central Ottawa. Operated by Agriculture and Agri-foods Canada.
Founded in 1886 the mandate was to be a central point for a Canada-wide system of experimental farms. From 5 sites initially this national network has grown into a partnership of 19 locations, sub stations and field sites in every Canadian province.
In 1998 the entire Central Experimental Farm was declared a National Historic Site of Canada.