Taiban, New Mexico, is an unincorporated community in the northeastern portion of De Baca County located on U.S. 84 between Fort Sumner and Clovis. It was founded in 1906 as a ranching community while work was progressing on the adjacent railroad and named for a nearby creek. Taiban Presbyterian Church was built in 1908. The town population quickly reached an estimated peak of around 400 but a series of droughts turned farmers into ranchers and drove others away. During the Great Depression of the 30's, the railroad discontinued service. The church was active through 1936 when it was dissolved due to the dwindling population. The three images of the church exterior superimposed on the east interior wall show the church as it appeared in 1925, 1955, and June, 2014.