Participating in the World Wide Panorama
To take part in the WorldWidePanorama, take a panoramic picture during a WWP event that fits the theme of the event. Then upload it to the WWP site and provide some information about the panorama and yourself.
- Open to all panoramic photographers. We don't want to exclude anyone who wants to join in, or to miss a potentially great panorama by a new entrant. So, welcome all - spread the word and bring a friend.
- Shooting for this event must be done during the time frame of the event, in the time zone where you shoot the panorama, not the time zone where you stitch it (if you're on the road and crossing time zones).
- The usual guidelines on format, dimensions, and files sizes will apply. Refer to the section on Rules.
- To get started we ask that you join our facebook group. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/WorldWidePanorama and sign up. You don't need to be registered on the facebook group to participate in the event, but it is a good way to keep up with what's going on.
- More information:
- Next Event (Theme)
Rules and Restrictions
- Dimensions and File Sizes
- How to Upload and Edit
- VR Photography Resources
Note: Although all submissions that meet the technical and content requirements will most likely be accepted, the organizers reserve the right to refuse any individual submission.
We expect our themes to do several things. Some participants view them as a challenge – they go to great lengths to find and execute the most perfect and challenging expression of the theme. That is great, and we have had some amazing examples of this – the epitome of the theme.
Others of us simply need some ideas, a few suggestions to get our creativity engine running. Our theme essays suggest possibilities, plus most people as they read will think of more. Discussion of the theme on the WWP list is encouraged – share your ideas, spur each other on, help each other out. It’s a collaboration, not a competition.
Sometimes that brilliant idea you originally had turned out to be too hard, or impossible, or illegal. Or you didn’t have the time you needed. Or you’re a beginner and need a straightforward subject. The theme gives you a chance to shoot whatever you can, then tie it into the group endeavor with the caption.